Sunday, January 1, 2012

Craft Page for Lesson 3: Heavenly Father's Plan for Us

Glue, paper, and crayons: the three basics of Sunbeam crafts! Here's a craft that uses all three. Lesson 3 calls for a paper figure that represents a body. I thought it would be fun to let each of the children color a paper figure of themselves and put it on Earth--part of Heavenly Father's Plan for us. (Isn't my son's version cute?)


The PDF base page for the craft: Heavenly Father's Plan for Us Base Page

Here are the templates for the craft in PDF format. Template for Person, Earth, and Continents

It's going to be easiest to cut all of the shapes out of 3-4 pieces construction paper at a time using the template. (Note: Not all of the continents will fit on the earth shape, of course. Just use the continents you want and trim them to fit the circle.)

Another great resource for this lesson is the visual that goes along with a Primary Sharing Time Lesson: The Plan of Happiness. Also, it's tough to find a nice picture of Heavenly Father. I use one from this article: Before the New Testament. Finally, if you don't have time to put together this craft, you can use this coloring page from The FriendI am my Heavenly Father's Child








6 comments:

  1. Hey I am a new sunbeam teacher and just found your site. Thanks for your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I hope you'll come back often. I plan to post resources for the whole year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, love your all your ideas, very helpful ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea too! So perfect for little ones! I plan to come back here often as well! Thank you for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happen to stumble upon your page as I was looking for a coloring for lesson 2. I am a new sunbeam teacher and I must say I love your site. I am so excited to teach and with your awesome ideas my students will have a great time as well :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. you totally saved me! i am a new sunbeam teacher and was at a lost.

    ReplyDelete